Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tops

I happen to be a fan of lists, so I think I'm going to make it a habit to have a weekly list on here. This week it will be the top 5 ridiculous news/gossip stories I've seen/ come across in the past week. 

This is insane! She will be 84 when her child graduates high school. I support a woman's right to choose when she wants to have a baby, but this is a little ridiculous, especially since Britain's female life expectancy is 81. 


2. Paris Hilton is being sued by a production company because she did not adequately promote her recent film failure "Pledge This!". Her lawyer claims she failed to do so because she "is the single busiest person on the planet". HA. What I find ridiculous about this is the fact that Paris Hilton gets any buzz at all anymore. 


3. All the press about Jon of Jon & Kate plus 8 allegedly having an affair. These people are only on T.V. because they have 8 kids and fight constantly, making for good T.V. drama. I also find it ridiculous that TLC, airs 3 T.V. about life in a family with multiples, Jon and Kate's being one of them. Who cares if you have 18, 12, or 8 kids? Stop already! Next thing you know, Octomom's T.V. show really will happen. 


4. Farrah Faucet's cancer documentary. It is very saddening that Farrah Faucet is fighting a losing battle to cancer, however, I don't think it's something that should be made into a T.V. special. Jade Goody's documentary was somewhat excusable since she was known only from reality T.V., but Farrah Faucet is a legitimate actress. I just can't believe anyone would want to document such a painful story that is destined to have a sad ending. Despite this, apparently a second installment is in the works. 


5. Celebrity whiners. Jessica Biel was just recently interviewed for Allure magazine, and complained that she feels like she doesn't get parts some times because she's too pretty. Gag. At least you aren't too ugly Jessica. 


5 comments:

  1. Lol. I completely agree with all of the above. My thing with Farrah Fawcett though is that the documentary (I didn't watch it, but I've seen clips) definitely is bringing more awareness to the detriment that cancer causes, not just physically with hair loss but emotionally as well. I think the publicity it's getting is way overboard though, because Entertainment Tonight has talked about it every day for the past week and a half, but there is NOTHING new to talk about. It's the same old clips playing, and I think they're just exploiting her heart-wrenching story for ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a 66 year old woman is pregnant?!
    that's intense!
    isn't it unsafe for women that old to carry around that extra weight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes...and she isn't the first woman do it either! other than the extra weight, the chance of birth defects is super high for her age!
    The Farrah Faucet thing, yes it brings awareness, but I really don't think a second installment is neccessary, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. About TLC - they are not just obsessed with families with multiples or many many children, they have a strange affinity for anything little people. Started with "Little People, Big World," now have you seen "Little Couple." I swear last night there was a marathon of shows, either about little people or huge families!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've noticed that too! I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete